I wrote this post back this summer and thought I published it, but apparently not. Even though senior year has already started, this still applies so really it doesn’t matter.
Last school year I didn’t prioritize being social at all and really struggled to find balance, so this year I made it my goal to accomplish all of the things I’d “say I’d do” by the end of highschool! I am a huge goal setter but I never really make a lot of “fun” goals, but since I’m currently working on establishing balance in my life (after last year’s burn out) there are a few things I need to prioritize.
- Applying to college is obviously a big one, that I have no choice in the matter and has already become an overwhelming force in my life. I’ll explain in a later post but the college application process has been a rollercoaster of emotions and I am for sure holding tight.
- Away football games were easily one of my favorite parts of Junior year. They’re filled with late night drives to some random small North Carolina town, dinners with the team and there is always some funny joke that comes out of each adventure. Unfortunately most of the away games this year have been canceled but I am looking forward to the few we will have.
- Senior Capstone is a new project I’m developing this year that’s brand new to my school. I had heard the idea from a bunch of other girls at different highschool who all found a designated time and project to grow their blogs. So after a 20 page pitch my plan is approved and I’m taking my blog as a class! Hopefully it will help me to really focus and to also fall back in love with this platform I hold dear.
- In addition to my highschool’s class I am a part of the 2018 Debutante class! My town has an organization that recognizes young women in our area that have made contributions to our community and I am honored to be a part of it. It’s given me opportunities to meet so many different friends from other schools and we have so many things going on.
- Confession: I’ve never been to the North Carolina State Fair. Shocking and unheard of if you live in Raleigh. In my defense, I can’t eat any of the fried food (or any of the food) and have no desire to go on the rides. However it’s a North Carolina tradition and it’d be wrong to never go especially as I could be going out of state for college!
- I’m a huge nerdy craft girl, no suprise and if you can’t tell from this blog: I love photography. A huge goal I have is to print out my pictures from this year & document them in a scrapbook. I’ve seen seniors at my school in the past do this and love how it turns out!
- My best friend Kelsey is also a senior but in college! Even though she is only a few towns over in Chapel Hill, I’ve only visited her a handful of times. Before we both go on new adventures next year and live even farther away, I really want to spend the night at UNC to see her! It’s something we have talked about for ages but never actually made happen & this year it is necessary!
Obviously there are a few more things I really want to do: become more involved at my church, cross off every coffee shop on my coffee shop bucket list and journal more consistently! I’m curious: what are your current “fun” goals?